I missed a special event yesterday - the 16th anniversary of Anna's rebirth. A special day in her life!
-------------------------------------
Came in to work to discover that "my" hill had been torn up.
The problem is that the old drain line had become plugged and we were dealing with a swamp in one area. So, a new line was dug and installed and connected, starting here, at the north/west corner of the hill.
That green cage will be installed over the joint so that if (more likely when) it becomes clogged in the future, it can be blown out from this point.
The new line rejoins the previous line here, near the corner of the neighbours' fence..........
......and then heads east along the bottom of the hill, before turning north along the side of the driveway (this info is for Sean and David for future reference - East is toward the bottom of the picture. It does not connect to the line that I installed that follows the neighbours' fence - which is probably a good thing, but that line may need a fix too. When things dry out I'll check that situation).
I found a pile of gravel out back that they used to cover the new joints.
Looks like I'll be adding lawn repair to my job jar!
When that was done, I did some digging and then spread some mulch. Removed a flat tire from a greenhouse cart and took it to Ace Tire (Jo-Ann and Barbara will know where that is) for repair.
Routine day!
------------------------------------------
As a follow-up to my RSV vaccine trial, Jim Maguire reported that he too had completed the trial and discovered that he had been given the placebo.
But, more importantly, he passed on this bit of news:
"P.S. Speaking of Alaska, my brother-in-law and I had a Duck Fart shot in the Red Dog Saloon in Juneau, which is a watering hole for good ol’ boys. A Duck Fart is a layered shot with Kahlua, Bailey’s Irish Cream and whiskey. The Kahlua is the bottom layer, the Bailey’s floats on top of the Kahlua for the middle layer and then a good amount of whiskey gets poured on top of the Bailey’s. Traditionally the whiskey in a Duck Fart Shot is Crown Royal.
Despite its name, it was delicious!"
Thanks Jim. I plan to buy some Kahlua to complete our ingredient list so we can join you in Duck Farting!
------------------------------------------
I took my Mardi to dinner tonight, although they spelled her name wrong on the invitation.
We got to spend a few minutes with the owner, Nonis, who was very gracious.
An enjoyable evening, topped off by a visit to the Optimist Board Meeting where Mardi offered some recommendations regarding the setup at Peach Festival.
Tomorrow it's golf. I probably won't want to communicate after that!
Stay well.






No comments:
Post a Comment