No post yesterday, so I couldn't acknowledge Ron Leach's birthday. Sorry Ron. Hope you had a great day.
But, today is Calvin's birthday and we celebrated on the golf course.
Matt made up a very nice card, which Calvin is reading as he savours one of Mardi's Moose Turds. (At age 75, Calvin is 29 years younger than his mother. Keep on keeping on Calvin!)
We played a scramble format today. Ended up with a 76, only 13 strokes worse than the winners. Oh well.
It was the closing banquet for our Dofasco league. Nice chicken, roast potato and green bean meal. Saw some of my old friends from the Big D. Nice.-----------------------------------------
The U.S. has just been graded with the worst health care of the wealthy nations, despite spending more than any of the others on health care (read insurance).
I've been on a waiting list for a couple of months for my carpel tunnel operation, with no sign of a date yet. Nevertheless, I love our system - it is the main reason that we live five years longer on average than our southern neighbours.
But you can bet that the Republican folks will never see the wisdom of going to a universal system. So, just the rich who can afford insurance will be looked after. Sad.
P.S. With trips upcoming to the states, Mardi and I have just renewed our annual travel health insurance. Expensive peace of mind.
-------------------------------------------
Stay well.

No comments:
Post a Comment