Monday, September 2, 2024

Labour Day

 Greetings on Labour Day weekend.  And yes, I laboured (a labour of love though).

Let's start with Saturday.  I had marked with paint the outline of the new perimeter on this area, which has been dug in this picture - about 100 feet of digging.


So, Mateo and I started working on it.  He dug, and I filled the wagon, hauled it away and dumped it in the back field.

But, halfway along, the wagon dropped a wheel.  Couldn't be fixed and no replacements available.  So, I told Mateo to keep digging and just pile up the sod.  He finished the digging project that day.

Sunday, I asked Sean to bring up the farm wagon so that Lucas (my helper for the day) and I could load up the sod.  After about a half hour, Lucas "suggested" that I could do other things and he could finish.  Have I told you what a great group of young men David and Sean have working at the greenhouse this year?

Any way, Lucas finished it.


While that was happening I decided to rebuild the wagon.  First, I took apart the old one.


But the body wouldn't fit on the greenhouse cart that I wanted to use.  So I took apart a previous wagon and attached it to the cart.  Add a trailer hitch and we're done.


For $20 worth of hardware and a couple of hours of my time, we avoided having to spend over $200 and ended up with what should be a far more reliable vehicle.

Today I used it as I started to pretty up the area that the boys had dug.


Yes Monica, that's another cactus.  But this one will be seen, when it's blooming, by the customers when they come up the driveway.

Cut some grass and then headed home to see my sweetie.

--------------------------------------------

Enjoy your evening.  Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment