As advertised, I abandoned Mardi and headed to David and Sue's to join them for breakfast and to watch them open their gifts.
Jake was relaxed and ready, by the "open fire".
The kids are independent enough that they're buying presents for each other (and me). Fun to watch. It was also fun to watch Jake open his gift too.A squeaky toy that he enjoyed squeezing.
I was deluged with gifts from all of them. Wonderful, but I'm getting too old and emotional for this season. Had to leave before the tears started to flow.
------------------------------------------------
So, I was able to share a Christmas moment with Kathryn and Anna yesterday, and with David's family today. Unfortunately, we can't get to Ottawa right now. It's been over two years since we've seen Barbara, Jo-Ann, Yancy and Kayt. And we still haven't laid eyes on my great granddaughter Rowan.
All in good time I guess. Something to look forward to. Can't wait.
------------------------------------------------
Merry Christmas, and to all, a good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment