I was walking past Mardi and her computer and glanced at the screen. It said "Tap anywhere to start". So I tapped her in several places. It didn't work, but it was good for a laugh. We take our excitement wherever we can find it these days. Shingles be damned!
---------------------------------------------------
I have just finished reading "Permanent Astonishment - a Memoir" by Tomson Highway, a Christmas gift from David and Sue. It chronicles, with humour and pride, his childhood years, including his education in a Residential School. As the book's jacket says "His memoir offers insights, both hilarious and profound, into the Cree experience of culture, conquest, and survival".
And, while reading it, I became aware that he has just been honoured with membership in the Order of Canada. Well earned!
Worth reading! Thanks David and Sue.
---------------------------------------------------
And now we find that the World Junior hockey tournament has been cancelled. With three games already forfeited due to virus outbreaks, the tournament outcome was going to be suspect anyway. Still, a real shame. I wanted to watch Connor Bedard some more, and to eventually celebrate the Canadian trophy win.
---------------------------------------------------
Be strong. Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment