Monday, December 20, 2021

Nursing

 Sorry to report that our dear friend (and one of the four bees) Monica was hit by a car in a parking lot on the weekend.  I sent her a message asking how she was, and got the following reply:

Thanks for asking Bud,

I feel as if I was hit by a car🤣🤣🤣! Today was a little rougher than yesterday but am hoping this is the worst and every day going forward will be better.  I am very lucky on two counts. (1) nothing was broken (2) everyone, from the LCBO employee that stayed calmly with me and ran the scene, to the firemen, the EMS guys, the nurses and Doctor at Joe Brant and even the police officer were all very very gentle and kind.  I was very very blessed that way.
 Nurse Jim has been his usual attentive self…pay back is going to be a bitch!!!! He won’t let me have a bell though!!!!😜😜😜😜
Look after the Queen Bee!
Hugs,
Monica

Not a nice thing to happen - especially at Christmas.  We're all joining Nurse Jim in wishing you a speedy recovery Monica.  
----------------------------------------------
But, unlike Jim, I was glad to give Mardi a bell - crystal no less!

Of course, when she rings it nothing happens😍.  But, every couple of minutes when she lets out a yelp from the nerve pain of shingles I do have to pay attention.
-----------------------------------------
We enjoyed a very nice breakfast with Rada and John this morning.

While Rada and Mardi got up to date, John and I solved some of the world's problems.  For which I received the following gift.

Under the ribbon it says another recipient name as well, but I'm ignoring that.  Thanks Rada!
------------------------------------------------------
Stay well.  
Nurse Bud.


No comments:

Post a Comment