Dropped off Mardi's Christmas gifts for A.J. and family this morning. Left them on the porch with others - A.J. and Reggie were on their way back from a Covid test (she has the virus). Between that and Mardi's shingles, she won't be able to have her usual Christmas morning visit with them this year. Crap!! She'll be home alone recuperating while I visit David and family.
-----------------------------------------------
We invited Kathryn and Anna for dinner tonight, prepared by Banana Leaf Asian Cuisine - but the ginger bread men were courtesy of sister Judy.
Anna is hopeful of being able to buy her first house in the New Year. Quite an accomplishment! Her business is doing well.
--------------------------------------------------
As we head into the Christmas moment, I need to thank all of you for putting up with my literary meanderings. I know that there are folks who probably just delete each day (or maybe declare my email as "spam"), but for the rest, please know that you are helping me to stay sane (some of my friends will no doubt debate the word "stay" but I love them just the same) during these stressful times.
It helps me to feel connected and still alive. If it wasn't for Mardi, the greenhouse and this blog, I'm sure that I would have gone completely bonkers. When you're 84 and have had your life on pause for almost two years you start to wonder what the future may hold. But hey, the Optimist in me says "this Omicron thing may bring herd immunity and you may be able to salvage some of your Florida trip". Who knows?
Mardi and I wish all of you a very merry Christmas. And, may the New Year bring better times!
-------------------------------------------------
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment