I finally got eight hours sleep last night. It took me three days, but whatever!
---------------------------------------
Today was a perfect golf day - shorts and sweater weather. At least Sven and I wore shorts. The others seemed to wimp out for some reason - talked about frost and other fantasies.
Probably the most satisfying part of the day was watching Ron Leach have a career round. Most deserving. But it would have been nice if those three par threes where he ended up a few inches off the green and parred them could have been Dog Meats. Maybe next time.
My game was out to lunch. 'Nuff said.
----------------------------------------
The other "exciting" part of the day was watching my Blue Jays get trounced 20 to 6 by the dreaded Yankees. As far as I'm concerned, it was all due to Derek Fisher dropping and missing two catchable fly balls that would have ended an inning. The pitcher wouldn't have had to pitch dozens more pitches to end the inning and wouldn't have been eventually pulled and replaced by another pitcher who walked four, hit two, and so it goes.
All because a big league fielder is so obviously afraid to catch the ball. If he's not sent down promptly there's something wrong! The other players deserve better!
I realize that this is probably only of interest to Al Knapp and me, but you asked for a blog. And it tested my resolve to drink responsibly - but I didn't spill a drop.
------------------------------------------------
Mardi got her hair cut today. I may not recognize her in the morning.
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment