Thursday, June 18, 2020

Pruning 101

I've been asked about the purpose of pruning the pine trees.  David planted a variety of types of pines along the driveway.  They grow at different rates - one variety by two feet per year.  By now, without pruning, they would have reached and interfered with the power line overhead and spread over the driveway.  

Pruning makes them more compact and even (Christmas trees are also pruned for that reason) and probably satisfies the NEC by blocking the neighbours' view more effectively.
-------------------------------------
But, my Charlie Brown tree (it started out as a four foot runt with very few branches) doesn't get trimmed.  
Instead, I will widen the garden to make room.  It will be several more years before it reaches the driveway.
--------------------------------------
Pruned about half of the trees that were left before my legs turned to rubber.  So I went into default mode and cut some more of the back field.  Should complete both tomorrow.
---------------------------------------
John Bolton's book "The Room Where It Happened" isn't the only book critical of Trump.  Niece Mary Trump has penned one titled "Too Much And Never Enough - How My Family Created The World's Most Dangerous Man".  Love to read that one too!
--------------------------------------
Trudeau has lost his bid for Canada to have a seat on the U.N. Security Council - to Ireland and Norway.  His preachy, no action, style apparently didn't wear well in the voting.  All drama, no action.

And now, he's using the coronavirus environment to act like a little dictator at home.  He has a minority government that is trying to pretend it has absolute power.  Why is it that sons of millionaires (Trump and Trudeau) are so shallow?  Your kids and mine are lucky we're not rich!
-------------------------------------------------
Speaking of preaching, I guess I've done enough.
Stay calm.  Stay well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment