Thursday, May 14, 2026

Friends and Ferns

 Sister Judy has been working on our ancestry and came up with this maternal heritage nugget that occurred in Cambridge, England.

In 1914, our great grandfather Alexander Marriott died when he fell off his horse driven cart due to an exposed stump in the road. Great grandmother Elizabeth sued for $10,000. The city said the stump wasn’t really very big and his seat wasn’t fastened properly, but she was awarded $1500, which would be about $49,000 in today’s dollars (maybe that's pounds, not dollars).

I tripped over a stump at the greenhouse the other day.  Now I know why!  It's in my DNA.

---------------------------------------------

I took yesterday off because we were looking forward to a visit from Lori and Frank, our Stratford and Florida friends.  First off, a visit to Trillium Hill to fill up their SUV.


Once those veggies are producing we are going to have a visit to Stratford to see our friends and take in a show.

Next up was a game of Uno, with Maureen and Matt joining us.


Apparently, my game needs work!

Dinner was lasagna and salad.  What a very nice way to spend a day with friends!

----------------------------------------------

I decided that today was not a golf day, nor was it a gardening day.  So I spent some time building some scoops for retrieving hanging baskets.

Some Dollarama metal bowls, hard plastic or plywood to beef up the scoop, plumbing parts and nuts and bolts, and voila, you have what you need to get those baskets down for sale.


As you can see, we only have a few thousand Fern baskets left and they're going fast (see you tomorrow Monica).

---------------------------------------
 Since returning to Canada, my modest success at Cribbage failed and I ended up a distant second.  So I wimped out and asked for a return to Skip-Bo.  Good move so far - I'm crushing it (and have probably just jinxed myself).

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment