I had a very interesting, and unexpected, experience yesterday.
The background is that my Grand Caravan is now 7 years old and has covered 175,000 km. It had been a National Car Rental vehicle when I bought it 6 years ago for $22,000. It has electric side and back doors and a rear view camera, but few other gadgets. Those fancy toys don't hold any interest for me - just get me where I'm going without worry. It still looks good and I figure that it will last as long as me if I take good care of both of us.
So, I took it to Bob McDougall's garage (his family has operated out of that location as long as I've been in Stoney Creek) and asked him to do a full "medical" and told him to do whatever he found necessary to make it pass the tests.
Two hours later I got a phone call that it was ready and he found no problems. When I showed up and pulled out my wallet, he said "I'll catch you next time."
Who does that? So, I'm giving him this free commercial. Thank you Bob!
--------------------------------------
Today I finished the drought resistant half of the main front garden. I was working on it when Jill and Gary visited. Now it looks like this.
It includes Echevarria, various Sedums, Cactus, Sage, and to the left some Forget-Me-Nots who decided to join the fun on their own. I may add a Portulaca in the open space as well. That's a Peony on the left, ready to bloom.
David changed the sign that you see in the background. Customers have enjoyed it and stop to take pictures.
After I got tired of gardening I cut the back lawns, stopping to admire the Yellow Water Iris that I planted along the shore of the pond a few years ago.A very pretty plant that has established itself all along the shoreline.
And here's one that I didn't plant.
In an earlier life, the land that became Trillium Hill was an Asparagus farm. Remnants still grow along the borders of the property.
-----------------------------------------------
After being down 5 - 0 early in the game, the Blue Jays came back to win 6 - 5. My prediction about them folding during this 17 game stretch wasn't even close.
Stay well.





No comments:
Post a Comment