The bird we feature today was heard but not seen.
Last night we heard two owls hooting at each other. One was in the Live Oak near our patio door. The other was across the way. Love was in the air.
We didn't see either one, but Mardi's phone app said that they were Great Horned Owls. Wow!
I did see a couple of Great Horned Owls about 50 or 60 years ago on a trip through Yellowstone Park. It was dark and I saw four bright yellow lights on the road ahead. It was my headlights reflecting in their eyes as they consumed their prey.
A special moment seeing these huge birds, as was our experience just hearing them last night.
--------------------------------------
We had rain this morning, then chilly and windy. And that's about all the news for today.
But I have big plans for tomorrow. I'm going to beat Mardi and Lori at cribbage while Frank works out at the gym.
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment