The Trompers were hoping to get together for a lunch today, but since two members chose to move to lake effect snow country along Lake Huron it didn't happen. Nonetheless, I was dressed for the occasion with my official15 year old Tromper gear.
See you next year guys.
----------------------------------------------
My girls, daughters Jo-Ann and Kathryn, and granddaughter Anna decided to spend the winter on Vancouver Island. I was concerned about them heading west at this time of year into snow country. But now, it's the rain and flooding that are a concern.
They have made it to Canmore, Alberta and today they're heading to Kamloops, B.C. Then it's a guessing game as to which (if any) highway to take. Stay safe my loves!
----------------------------------------------
It's probably time for an update on our 2025 vision issues.
My retina detached in April. That was the start.
Mardi had her first cataract surgery in August, and her second in September.
My second operation was in October, to remove the silicone oil that had been inserted during the April operation.
Since September Mardi has been dealing with infections, first in her right eye and currently in her left. The eye doctor calls it viral, the family doctor says bacterial. So lots of drops, with fingers crossed.
Right now I can see just fine for most activities, such as watching TV, driving, and general mobility. No real problems for anything except fine print.
My left eye vision is clear, but with a bit of distortion. My right eye has quite a few floaters. Fine print becomes an issue with those factors. And I noticed at the card game the other night that there was some difficulty discerning between hearts and diamonds, and between clubs and spades on the turn up cards on the other side of the table. But nothing that can't be handled. Life will go on.
I fully expect to resume my lawn and garden activities at the greenhouse in the spring. That's an important purpose for me in life right now (in fact, if that were to stop I would probably consider it the start of the last chapter - something I'm trying hard to ignore). And I expect to be able to follow the golf ball this year, assuming that I can hit them straight 😉. I will test those assumptions in Florida soon.
And I hope that Mardi's eye issue is resolved by the end of the year as well so we can get on with whatever 2026 brings. So far, we have had to cancel a card night with friends on Thursday, And tomorrow we're supposed to take the seniors' bus trip to Niagara Falls, arranged by the condo folks. Hopefully, that will happen - I need the casino winnings😁💩.
--------------------------------------------
Stay well my friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment