My crazy ladies made it to the west coast last night. Scary stuff.
They reached Kamloops early and decided to carry on. Some snow and two hours of torrential rain later they reached Tsawwassen. Now they can recover for a couple of days - they are booked on the ferry to Vancouver Island on Friday.
At least I can take a breath now.
--------------------------------------
Today we did the old folks bus tour to Niagara Falls. On our bus there were five guys, the rest women. Pretty good odds!
As we were leaving, I noticed a letter missing from our the front of our building. Very appropriate the way that Mardi and I are feeling!
Anyway, first stop, the Watering Can. It is an impressive greenhouse, but....if you want to buy plants you can save a lot of money by going to Trillium Hill.
Since I had no interest in the plants, I focussed on their scenery. They've done a fine job of dressing the place up. Just loved this VW.
Next stop, Niagara Casino. The odds here weren't in our favour - nuff said.
But the show Christmas On Ice was great.
The adult performances were darn good, and this 10 year old did pretty well too.
Then it was on to Betty's Restaurant. The following picture will give you an idea how nice that was.
I've never seen meringue that high before. Tasty!
Finally, we headed to Dufferin Islands, just upriver from the falls. The light show is incredible.
From Dufferin Islands down to Clifton Hill the light show is fantastic. That alone was worth the trip!













No comments:
Post a Comment