Saturday, August 9, 2025

Scotland - Yesterday

 First off, I got an answer to my question about whether David would build me a "head gardener cottage" at Trillium Hill.  My boss, Sean, advised that I could live in the garden shed down front.  Awesome!  What a guy!  Love working with him!

----------------------------

Getting back to the trip, David rented a nine passenger van yesterday and we headed to Inverness.

What I didn't know was that he planned a secret stop along the way.


The Home of Golf!

We parked beside the closing hole.





And the statue to their hero, Tom Morris, the father of golf.




I used to get accused of trying to pack too much into a vacation.  I always thought that you may not get back so don't miss anything. Apparently that fault is genetic.  On to the next destination, Braemar Castle.

I love the ceremonial shovel and wheelbarrow.


And the baby crib.

And a gift from an Indigenous visitor.

A labyrinth outside the window.


Then it was on to Inverness.  A late dinner and we got home at 11 p.m.  Thus the delayed blog.

Another busy day today which I will report on later.  

Stay well.






No comments:

Post a Comment