Spent some time cutting grass yesterday, then headed home until time to pick up Sean and Ewen, and head to the airport. Smooth flight, but the seats are not at all comfortable. Seat backs only go back about two inches, no leg room. No sleep.
They fed us at about 2 in the morning EST.
----------------------------------
So, we arrived in Edinburgh and Sue and David, who had been exploring the rural areas for a few days, met us. We taxied to the apartment, dropped off our stuff, and headed downtown. We'll be visiting this castle later in the week, and the stadium is where we will watch the Tattoo.
But, we obviously missed a highlight.
Walked a long way down the Royal Mile - big crowds.
Although it could be due to 27 hours without sleep, I must finally admit that I'm getting old and doddery. Had to take a break from my stumbling walking style.
Our final stop was a fish and chips shop. It was 8 a.m. Stoney Creek time and after the meal during the night I couldn't handle another full meal.
But I did have a Scotch - Dewars thanks.
Brought back memories. On fishing trips with my Uncle Tom, after I turned 21 (didn't drink before then, honest!) I would join him with a Teacher's Highland Cream - and 7UP 😓😕. Hope to find a place that serves Teachers on this trip.
Tired and I wanna go to bed.
Stay well.





No comments:
Post a Comment