Stopped by the greenhouse this morning when I was out shopping, to see how they made out after I left yesterday. Apparently they didn't miss me, and finished just after lunch time.
Sean sent a picture of me at my post.
Actually, I only got to sit in that chair about a half hour each day. Most of the time I was helping put trays on the floor, helping with the tagging, avoiding wrecks, or cleaning up wrecked trays that hit the floor at the corner.
And yesterday morning I spent a bit of time trying to fix the rows that our temp guy messed up while my attention was elsewhere.
The rows are supposed to be aligned with the posts on the left. By the time that I caught his mistake he was two rows out of line. I wonder why he was laid off from his previous job?
But all ends well. These trays will be relocated when growth is showing and it is time to straighten out any off centre plants. The trays will be relocated, straightened and there will be a separation between them.
Easter is late this year, so now we have four and a half months to regulate their growth through light and heat so that we have a nice show for April 20. The ones that start to bloom early will head to a cooler to pause their growth.
Three thousand more bulbs will be arriving to be planted next week but that will fill less than half a house. No sweat!
------------------------------
And, she's still at it, between coughing spells.
Mardi has delivered about 30 to the Food Bank, sold 8 to a neighbour (gave the money to the Food Bank) and just keeps on going. Well done babe!
------------------------------------
Stay well.



No comments:
Post a Comment