I have been fortunate to have been involved in three fraternal organizations in my life. The Optimists, for 64 years; the Trompers for 40 years; and Fishguts, the campfire band which was formed several years ago from a bunch of guys that I started fishing with over 40 years ago.
They have all contributed to who I am.
The other day, Barry wished our Wordle group a Merry Christmas which included the Fishguts song "A Fisherman's Christmas" and that's what drew me down the above line of thought. So I'm also going to send it your way. The primary voice is Barry Kopysh, then my brother Roger, with the rest of us contributing to the chorus. Roger convinced me to pick up the accordion that I hadn't touched since dad died!
What I think that you might take from this song is that every day can be a "Christmas" if you take the time to appreciate what you have.
Enjoy, and have a wonderful Christmas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?
No comments:
Post a Comment