Sunday, December 15, 2024

Traditions

Headed to the greenhouse today to fix an outside bench support and one of the Christmas tree stands.  

By the way, Christmas trees are non-taxable as of yesterday, and that continues until February 15, so no rush 😂.

Spent some quality time with Sean as well (every time with Sean is quality time - we've been bosom buddies since Machu Picchu).  Speaking of that, here are some pictures of that trip when he was 12 years old.   On the 70 mile hike..........


..........celebrating at the 14,000 foot pass crossing with our guide (we also crossed a 16,000 foot pass, but I was on oxygen at the time and incapable of lifting a camera)......


.......and overlooking our destination.

I had made many trips with my oldest grandchild, Yancy, but this was the first of what would become a tradition - a special adventure with each grandchild after they turned 12 (and before they became addled teenagers).  
Thanks for that go to David.  I had first asked him to accompany me, but he declined due to business pressure and suggested that I take Sean instead.  That turned out to be so wonderful that I had to do it with the other grandkids.
Anna to New York City, Malcolm to the north rim of the Grand Canyon and down into a slot canyon, Kyle on a Caribbean cruise, Ewen on a 28 mile hike across the Grand Canyon, and Sarah-Jean, with Mardi's granddaughter Reggie, to tour the U.S. south west.  Awesome times!

You all should try it!
-------------------------------------------
Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment