Friday, April 19, 2024

Gardening

Enjoyed some cake at the greenhouse to celebrate the birthday of Allison, one of David's young ladies, .  Her actual birthday is Sunday, which happens to also be the birthday of another famous lady, whom I happen to live with.  But you'll be hearing more about that later.

Then, I did some miscellaneous jobs at the greenhouse.  Took a cart wheel to Ace Tire for a new tube (Barbara and Jo-Anne, I had a nice chat with Gary while I waited for his guy to do the work).

Monica won't be happy to hear that I broke up a Cactus plant and created eight new ones.  Used thick gloves and a wrench to separate them so I didn't suffer Monica's thorn fate.  They'll be ready for next year's sales.  


And finally, went back to the sod moving project.  Once I get to the other side of the trees I'll be ready for the spent Tulip plants.


A later project will be moving the Daffodils when they are finished for the year.  They're slowly being surrounded as the pine trees spread, so I'll widen the gardens and move them out a foot or two.

That should last maybe four years before it needs to be repeated, which may not be my problem to worry about😴.
-----------------------------------------
If we can stay awake we'll watch the Blue Jays play in San Diego tonight.
Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment