Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Beautiful Scars

 I took the day off today.  Spent a sleepless night with nerve pain in my right arm and then got up to a cool, wet day.  So I vegged out for most of the day.

But not all of it.  Headed to the bank to pay the balance of my income tax and it was really amazing!  By the time the cashier had hit the entry button, Trudeau had already spent it.  Can't wait to get rid of that meathead!

-------------------------------------------

Tonight we headed to Theatre Aquarius to see Tom Wilson's musical, "Beautiful Scars".  Well worth seeing!

It's a moving recount of his search for identity after being adopted.  Well written and very well performed.  He eventually discovers his Mohawk ancestry and the mother who was forced to give him up.

I expected it to have a dark side, but it was well balanced and, in the end, positive.  Powerful music and excellent voices.

I bought a copy of his book before we left the theatre.

The show carries on until May 11.  Check it out.

------------------------------------------

And we enjoyed a full moon on the ride home.  Sort of capped the night off properly.

Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment