Monday, April 29, 2024

Mixed Feelings

 We had a quiet weekend.  Yesterday we attended the visitation for Lona Dykshoorn, a close friend of Mardi's since their children were young.

A beautiful lady both inside and out.  She was slowly taken from us by Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

Paul and Lona were also members of the Optimist Club and we spent many enjoyable hours in their company.  She has been, and will be, missed.

----------------------------------------

Today was a more positive one.  I got to golf with son David (and my friends) for the first time this year.  And they paid me to play with them!  

We pay for Dog Meats (land closest on a par three green and make par) which I somehow did twice today, while no one else managed to even hit the green.  Not a normal result for sure.

Then, I came closest to my predicted score.  These two feats let me come home $32 richer.  

Thanks guys 😊!  See you next week!

-----------------------------------------

And tonight, the Blue Jays won, looking like a real team for a change.  After a couple of recent debacles I was ready to give up on them (I don't have the blind patience of a Maple Leaf fan who is prepared to keep taking it on the chin - sorry Steve).  Exciting and fun to watch tonight.

Tomorrow it's back to cutting grass.  Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment