Friday, March 15, 2024

An Early St. Patrick's

 When the guys used to get together in late March for golf, we always wore green shirts on St. Patrick's Day.  But, this year Matt and I couldn't do that because we'll be wearing Blue Jays gear for the game in Dunedin on the 17th.

That's why we chose to honour that Catholic dude today at Deer Creek.


We miss you Calvin!

---------------------------------------

I had a good game going for eleven holes, before heat stroke wrecked my game.  I finally called it a day on the seventeenth.

The temperature was over 30C and the air was totally still.  Hot sun just beating down.  The things I do to pretend that I'm having fun!

But I wasn't the only peckerhead on the course today.



---------------------------------------

It being Thursday, the four of us headed to Disney Springs to see Jeff Howell.  Another great night of music and entertainment with three guys who have become good friends.

They all work the crowd between sets.  This is Jeff with his new brother "Felix".


And Casey with two lovely ladies in the audience.


Although I'm not sure that he enjoyed it 😕.

And Tommy, the shy but talented Sax player.


They played a few Canadian songs in the key of "Eh".
And Jeff played Mardi's favourite song from one of his CD's, "Burnt Out Cadillac" before we left.
Thanks Jeff!  We look forward to meeting again next year!

And thanks again Jeremy.  I expect you to remember what I'm drinking when we return next year.

Thursday nights have been a real treat for Mardi and me.  We'll miss them.
Stay well folks.




No comments:

Post a Comment