Wednesday, January 3, 2024

A Cajun Night

After two days of walking a lot, we decided to take the Hop/on, Hop/off bus today.  So, we only walked 8,237 steps this time 😓.  Oh well.

We did the whole route and then stopped in a couple of places second time around.

There are lots of beautiful homes in the Garden District, but this traditional structure captures New Orleans well.


We ate at El Paso, which is next to the Bulldog with its spigots.


I ordered a Lime Margarita and Mardi ordered a Dos Equis beer.  Of course the bartender delivered them to the wrong person.


What I failed to realize was that it was Happy Hour and a second Margarita arrived.  I had to bail!


I  assume that it didn't go to waste.

We returned to the hotel for a rest before heading out again to Mulate's for Cajun dinner and music..............

................and what a wonderful decision that was!

Barry, this Concertina keyboard is beyond me.


The folks really joined in!


Including the young.........


.........and the old!


I really enjoyed the Shrimp Etoufee.  And we shared an Achafalaya Mud Cake with Ice Cream.


What an enjoyable night!   We can leave New Orleans tomorrow very happy.

I have sore knees and Mardi has a sore heel - big deal.  Hope the rest of you are well.



No comments:

Post a Comment