As Mardi advised, I am reporting "the rest of the story".
Does anyone remember the Paul Harvey radio show, Rest Of The Story? I loved his obscure anecdotes and his voice.
Back to my story. We arrived at the General at 8:45 this morning and left at 4 p.m. Fortunately, everyone, registration, nurses and doctors were fabulous. Friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and in good humour, which made the long day bearable. Having Mardi at my side for everything except the hour in the operating room helped too!
I was always led to believe that my heart was shaped like this 💓, but in reality it's more like a ladies bikini clad bottom!
Turns out that the position that I have labelled A was 85% blocked, as was position B below it. Stents were installed at those two locations. Position C is 100% blocked, but my amazing body created an alternate route (the ass crack) and, since the repair at C site would be more complicated, the decision was made to wait and see.
The critical issue at this point is not the heart, but the wrist wound where the artery was entered. I have been told to treat it as if it were broken and not to use it for the next few days, Otherwise there could be a life-threatening geyser of blood pouring out of the wound. So, no golf for a week or so, and my work with an adze and shovel in the garden under repair will also have to wait. And Mardi will pour the drinks, I hope!
For my golfing buddies, I plan to skip next Monday, but I do intend to show up at Puslinch on Tuesday.
Thanks for your kind thoughts.
Stay well.

No comments:
Post a Comment