Saturday, July 8, 2023

100 Years Young

 Mardi and I joined John and Rada today to head for Chartwell Deerfield Retirement Community to wish Stella a happy 100th birthday.  

When Mardi owned CAPS Nursing Service back in the 1980's, Stella was her office administrator.  She's still sharp enough to do the job!

------------------------------------------

Climate change appears to be moving along faster than predicted.  Wild fires in June and the warmest days in history have a way of waking us up to that reality.

I have seen another possible indicator recently.  Normally, at this time of year, a flock of swallows are doing an air show around me as I cut the grass and stir up insects.  But, yesterday I cut for over two hours and didn't see a single one.  Sad and disappointing!

Fortunately, the Mocking Birds are back.  I love to listen to their medleys as I work in the garden.

-------------------------------------

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment