Saturday, July 30, 2022

Yard Sales

 Did my usual Saturday morning shopping trip with Mardi and Judy.  A pretty good day for all three of us.

Judy found several items that were on her shopping list.  Mardi says that she saved over $300 (more on that later), and I found another treasure.


The carving was signed by a member of the Cape Croker First Nation.  Got it for $4 plus gas.  Makes me wonder how much the artist got paid originally!

Now, back to Mardi.  When we got our balcony back I retrieved two of the chairs that I had taken to the greenhouse during the construction.  When Mardi sits back in those chairs her feet dangle a couple of inches from the floor.  So, she was thinking of buying a whole new set.
But today we found a footstool whose construction matches our chairs.  For $2 and a $16 can of spray paint, we have avoided the purchase of a new set, thus the saving of over $300.

Don't you love it?
------------------------------------------
Blue Jays beat Detroit 5 - 3 with a comeback win.  Another good day.

Stay well.



No comments:

Post a Comment