Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Cactus Pete

 My grandson Yancy celebrated his birthday today, and Mardi's great nephew Jonah becomes a teenager today as well.  Congratulations and best wishes to both!

And the exciting news for us is that Yancy, Kayt and Rowan will be visiting next week.  Yancy has a job assignment at Six Nations during their visit.  Can't wait!

----------------------------------------------

Loafed this morning while it rained.  Then headed to Ace Tire to pick up wheels for the mower and a cart that had been repaired.  Installed them and then weeded and cut some grass.

Looked like the rain was coming again soon, so I collected some spent florets from the cactus and planted five trays of them.  The ones that I planted two years ago are now starting to grow additional leaves.  I think that next year we'll have some nice plants to sell.

It's not a quick process, but perfect for an old fart to spend his time on.  When they grow new leaves or start to flower it's like having new kids to enjoy.

----------------------------------------------

Blue Jays are tied with Oakland after two innings.  Fingers crossed.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment