Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Animal Kingdom

 Weeded some gardens, moved some skids of soil, cut some grass, watered some baskets.  Routine.

The Killdeer eggs have hatched.  Not even a piece of shell left on site.  And I saw all four chicks.  I can't believe that a chick this size could have fit in an egg not much bigger than a thumbnail!


Also saw two muskrats swimming across the pond, but the phone didn't get out in time for a picture.

It must have been a good winter for the animal life.  I've seen tons of field mice, several rabbits, and a chipmunk (that may be living in the greenhouse currently).  The worst are the rabbits.  They chew through the water lines in the field.

-------------------------------------------------

Blue Jays wrapped up a five game losing skid with a 2 - 1 victory over the Oakland Athletics this afternoon.

Next up are the Seattle Mariners, where lots of Canadian fans show up to see the Jays.  Unfortunately, games don't start until 10 p.m. our time.

-------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow, David and I head to Sven's to defend our Quoits Championship.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment