Monday, January 10, 2022

Tests, Etc.

 We're going to want to be tested for Covid before we see my great granddaughter this weekend.  Mardi found an excellent test on Facebook.

You open a can of beer, smell it and taste it.  If you can smell and taste you don't have Covid. 

A word of warning:  if you take the test too many times you may end up with a headache and think you've got Covid - and need more tests.

----------------------------------------------

In another moment of sheer boredom, I got out the squeezebox again today.  My fingers seem drawn to Newfie songs, like Salt Water Joy, The Song of Newfoundland, and Peggy Gordon.

But I also played what, to my mind, is one of the most moving and haunting songs ever written; Ashokan Farewell, the theme song used in Ken Burns' Civil War series.  After I finished on the accordion, I played several versions of Jay Unger's masterpiece on the computer.  It sounds much better on a violin.  Awesome music!  

-----------------------------------------------

We've gone back to online grocery shopping for our weekly supplies.  Once again at WalMart.

Place your order online, be given a time slot, show up and phone to let them know where you are parked, i.e. #7.  And, five minutes later you're on your way.  Easy breezy.  And they pick out good stuff.


Don't know if you folks saw the CBC Marketplace show about how Loblaws and Costco don't give you the in-store special prices and there are extra markups on a lot of items (if you opt for delivery).  But WalMart does give us the special pricing and no extra fees.  Total convenience, and no impulse buying.

--------------------------------------------------

Mardi took another half step back today.  No energy at all.

Makes me go back to our theory that she has had Covid.  Mardi flew home from Florida in mid March 2020.  I stayed on for a few days before we guys scrubbed our planned golf stay.  During the time that she was isolating, Mardi had a cough for a couple of days, and then lost her sense of taste for about a year - everything tasted like copper.

Then, today I read that other symptoms of "long haul" Covid that may occur are shingles and fatigue!  Damn!

--------------------------------------------------

Keep up the good fight.  Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment