So, it's starting. An Alberta hospital has withdrawn maternity services due to a lack of staffing. Root cause? Unvaccinated assholes filling up the spaces and infecting staff (or stupid unvaccinated staff).
Why turn away pregnant women? Why not sacrifice the anti-vaxxers?
If a wife or newborn child dies because of this, wouldn't that be manslaughter? If only there was a way to deliver justice to the perpetrators.
----------------------------------------------------
Mardi is moving better today. It's been a real grind for her. Hopefully, we're nearing the end of her ordeal. She's back to being almost human 😍.
----------------------------------------------------
Being my masochistic self, it's time to post the Skip-Bo results for 2021. Somehow (maybe skill?) Mardi beat me 26 games to 14. That's two years in a row that I've come up on the short end.
She's prepared to move on to a different game, but I'm too stubborn to give up.
And yes, so far I'm losing our first game of 2022😓.
----------------------------------------------------
With Mardi feeling better and having less need for a nurse, I needed to find something else to do. Decided to get the accordion (which is about 75 years old) out and touch the keys. Haven't done that in about two years.
Interestingly, although I had no tune in mind, all of a sudden I started to play "Salt Water Joys", a song I had not even thought about for those two years. The unconscious mind is an interesting and complex mechanism!
-----------------------------------------
Tomorrow, if Mardi continues to improve I'll drop by the greenhouse to see what's cooking. Need to make a stop at the LCBO too - it's been a long weekend!
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment