Before heading out for golf I wandered to the water side of our building.
I assume that this navigable waterway is connected to Lake Marion.
Giant Egrets were nesting on the far shore.
I forgot to take pictures at the golf course until we came upon this hawk. Don't know what he/she was eating, but it kept pulling strips off whatever was in it's talons.
I finally took a picture of the course and caught John as he yanked one left.
But, don't laugh. We were playing Scramble and our foursome ended up just one over par, thanks in particular to John for chipping in our third shot on a par 5. One eagle, three birdies, six bogies and eight pars gave our house a five shot victory over the other house.
For dinner we went to Clark's Restaurant, a classy venue that dates back to 1946 when an army chef returned from WWII.
Pecan pie with coffee and Baileys after returning home, then early to bed after our first game in several weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment