I thought I should share an e-mail exchange between brother Roger and I after I posted the Riding tribute.
Roger commented:
The most awesome blog of an awesome blog!!!!!
Dad must be enjoying this.
I know I am. No
one will truly know the magnitude of that post.
Why Hang Up Your Spurs!!!!
My response:
I thought about doing this three or four days ago, but it
has been a challenge! First, the trail
ride got cancelled (that was why we were heading in to Cave Creek the day of
the flash flood) so I rescheduled for today up here. Then with the rain we weren't getting any
sunsets. Finally got those awesome shots
last night. And then, I couldn't find
any damn cows. This afternoon Ewen and I
drove all the way up 89A to Flagstaff and then back on I-17. We were in the last five miles of I-17 when
we saw one lonely cow. Thank goodness he
didn't look our way because I'm sure he didn't have a white face. But in the end it worked out. Must admit I got a bit emotional when I
thought about adding the acknowledgments.
Still got the spurs on!
Tomorrow it's the V-V (vee bar vee) Ranch to see petroglyphs,
pictographs and the sun calendar, then up to the Grand Canyon to show Ewen
where we will be crossing. Then it's
back to do laundry and pack.
Saturday morning we check out and then head to Clarkdale
for the train ride. We end up in Las
Vegas.
Sunday I'm going to try to wedge in both the Hoover Dam
and the Skywalk before returning to Vegas.
Monday we meander to Flagstaff for our orientation
meeting.
Hope the weather cooperates.
One final comment:
Two or three days after I get back home I'm leaving for a weekend of cycling with the Trompers. With no training beforehand I will likely end up with a sore butt from the bicycle seat, a situation we call "bike ass". Today, after the trail ride I ended up with a case of "horse's ass" which some of my rude friends will say is a fitting result. Maybe so! See y'all tomorrow night!
No comments:
Post a Comment