Last night was Kathryn's actual birthday so the family headed to Moxies to celebrate one more time before Barbara and Jo-Ann leave for Ottawa. A nice time was had by all.
---------------------------------
In recent days, when I water plants at the "Cottage", the Killdeer do their wounded routine to draw me away from the nest. Both the male and female got into the act this time.
They usually nest by just laying their eggs on gravel - no real nest per se. When we find a nest we mark and protect it so that the eggs aren't stepped on. But I couldn't find the nest anywhere in the gravel near the shed.
Sean figured it out when he was watering the baskets on the ground.
That basket won't be sold anytime soon (or later). Maybe after the birds hatch I'll keep the basket as a souvenir for the cottage.
------------------------------
And I saw a young deer cross the back field this morning while cutting the grass. Sorry, no picture.
And I was treated to another Swallow ballet. But, each year there seems to be fewer birds showing up. Today there were just three - not a good sign.
-------------------------------
We've done a bit more thinking about our summer trip and have decided to put Newfoundland off until next year. We'll concentrate on P.E.I. and Nova Scotia this August.
------------------------------
I think that we've had more golf games cancelled than played so far this year. Rainout forecast again for tomorrow and next Monday doesn't look very promising either. How will I ever get better at the game? Be quiet Al!
Stay well.


No comments:
Post a Comment