A bit of a gardening update. I started on this garden the other day - Mother Nature was looking after it up until now.
I wasn't happy about the weeds and field grass that she had cultivated, but lo and behold, I did find a couple of items to be saved.
One was this Oak tree. I don't know where she found the acorn. The only Oaks on the property are the three that I transplanted here and they haven't started bearing acorns yet. And I've never seen squirrels on the property.
The other was a Smoke Bush. A seed must have blown from the one that I planted a few years ago on top of the hill - it's about 80 yards away from this one.
The one on the hill is getting ready to blow smoke. I'll get a picture when that happens.
In any event, the garden looks somewhat better. Now it will go on "hold" until I clean up some other areas.
A bit more tidying and the front will be finished. Then I'll start to work my way up the driveway gardens for a stretch.
I finished my "day" with a couple of hours cutting grass. Enough time in the sun!
---------------------------------------------
At our Optimist meeting tonight we celebrated three students who we sent to the Optimist Central Ontario Leadership Seminar. It started in 1958 as the Hugh O'Brien Youth Leadership Foundation - remember the actor who played Wyatt Earp?
The kids (and their parents) commented on the positive things they had absorbed at the seminar.
And the winner of our Essay Contest read her composition on "Community".
A very rewarding night to hear how our work is affecting our youth.
----------------------------------------------
Mardi is away on a fun junket with "the girls", attended a theatre performance in Grand Bend tonight and probably having a drink as I write. So I'm batching it. Dinner tonight at the Optimist meeting, tomorrow night with Kathryn at Chuck's Roadhouse. I think I might survive until my sweetie comes back to me. I'll drink to that!
Stay well.




No comments:
Post a Comment