Saturday, June 3, 2023

The Battle Of Stoney Creek

It's the annual Battle of Stoney Creek weekend.  And the Optimist Club is selling pizza as a fundraiser.


That's A.J. in the booth, and you can see period costumes on the three customers to the right.

Mardi and I will be volunteering at the booth tomorrow.  It's fun to watch the two warring militias battle.  Parking is an issue, but two local Catholic schools are providing parking and you will be bussed to Battlefield Park.  Free admission this year.  Hope to see some of you there.

-----------------------------------------------

Blue Jays won again today.  Two days of great pitching against the Mets.  Hopefully, they will sweep the series tomorrow afternoon.

-----------------------------------------------

Since Bobby Orr left the Boston Bruins in 1976, I have only watched a handful of NHL "roller derby" hockey games.  Nevertheless, I am prepared to make a bet with anyone who is interested.

Kyle Dubas was fired by the Maple Leafs recently, after setting them up with young superstars and a strong farm system.  He was hired very quickly by the Pittsburgh Penguins and now, as their President, he has inherited a team with aging superstars and an empty farm system.

So, here's my bet.

Despite the current situation, my belief is that the Pittsburgh Penguins will win the Stanley Cup before the Maple Leafs.  Any takers?

The hapless Leafs have shot themselves in the foot once again with their latest dumb move.  I think they're in line for their next Stanley Cup in 2067, Canada's bicentennial, one hundred years after their last one.  I'll take a bet on that one too, but I can't promise that I will still be around in my 130th year to accept the winnings.

--------------------------------------- 

Stay well.  And, Leafs fans, please keep a good sense of humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment