Friday, June 16, 2023

Gardens and Gore

 Did some gardening at the greenhouse today.

First off, I planted some "Charlie Brown" (deemed not up to standards for our customers) Red Star Cordyline Spikes.  With some care I think they'll look OK.


Next up, I started to clean up the Trillium planting.


Got one "petal" done before my body told me to sit on the mower and cut grass for a while.


I'll finish that project tomorrow.

After cutting the grass, I weeded the cactus plants that we have for sale.  You would think that those big spikes would be dangerous, but as Monica and I have discovered, it's the tiny brown hairs that are the vicious ones!  Thus I used pliers to weed them.


Those plants won't bloom this year, but the ones in the greenhouse's front garden are close to putting on a show.  Dozens of florets that can hardly wait to flower.


--------------------------------------------

Mardi and I attended "Brock & Sophia" at the Stoney Creek Battlefield tonight.  How General Brock found love in the quest to save Canada.  It was an intimate setting in the historic Jackson house.

It covers the period from July of 1811 to Brock's victory at Fort Detroit and his death at Queenston Heights in October of 1812.

The romantic relationship may not have happened, but it was used to examine the tragic realities of our treatment of women and of the First Nations against whom we have committed genocide.  Without the support of Tecumseh in the war, we would have lost to the Americans and today we'd be Democrats trying to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump as our President.

A really good show put on by a talented cast.


------------------------------------------

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment