Monday, May 1, 2023

The Aging Process

 Before I get into the aging thing, first, an ad for Mardi's church.


During Covid, the government gave churches some upfront money to help them get through the period when gatherings were forbidden.  Most of it has to be paid back, thus the fundraiser.

If you are interested in helping out by enjoying a good dinner, let us know.  With any luck, you'll be sitting beside a wonderful, engaging couple (I'm hoping that Al and Liz come out)!  Mardi has tickets.

------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to David (Doc) Jewett and Nadine on the occasion of their anniversary.

And one other anniversary today, which segues into my aging thing.  Congratulations to my childhood buddy Wayne Hilts and Judy as they celebrate their 62nd anniversary.  Obviously, I know a lot of old people!

------------------------------------------------

Headed to the greenhouse today.  Built a ramp to help them when wheeling carts, etc. into the greenhouse area.  And then headed out on the forklift to work on the soil skids.  

Tried to start the forklift and it was out of propane.  That's when the aging process really got ugly.  Had to ask Ewen to replace it for me and utter these terrible words, "I'm getting too old for this."

A rye and coke when I got home helped me to recover from this nasty episode.  Hopefully, memory failure will make that recovery last.  And I'll be able to slow the old man down so he can't get in.

-----------------------------------------------

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment