Friday, August 19, 2022

Show Time

 While I was gardening at the greenhouse, Yancy, Kayt and Rowan drove in to say goodbye to David, Sue and the twins.  I was invited to join them for coffee (thanks Sue), but it was a disappointing visit.  

I thought that I was Rowan's favourite but she spent a lot of time flirting with Ewen.  I've lost out to a younger man!  I had to console myself with the fact that I'm sure Charlie still likes me best - sorry Ewen!

And as you can see in the following picture, she held David's hands - which she wouldn't do for me.


But she did give me a smile so I'm pretty happy after all.


A wonderful visit.  Got to enjoy Rowan on three different days.  Great grandpa is a happy camper.

------------------------------------------------

So, on to the rest of our day.  You will remember that we didn't get to finish the rescheduled play in Port Colborne due to the medical emergency.  Missed the last 20 minutes.

So today we headed for Port Dover for the Sherlock Holmes thriller.  Thriller indeed!  Twenty minutes in and the power failed in downtown Port Dover.  We were told that it would take about two hours for Ontario Hydro to get things going again, so the show was cancelled.  Will be interesting to see what the reschedule plan will be.  We're a bit gun shy - twice bitten in one week!

So, it ended up that we drove to Port Dover, used probably a quarter tank of gas, for an expensive dinner at Schofields Bistro.  The food was really good, but...........

Mardi had an ice cream cone for dessert.

Salty caramel.

-----------------------------------------------
We got to hear most of the Blue Jays game on the car radio.  It wasn't on public TV, just Apple TV, so we sat and listened to the last inning in the apartment parking lot.  They won 4 - 0 over the Yankees, their second victory in a row against the Bronx Bombers.  Great pitching and decent offence.

Tomorrow we start with Yard Sales.  First time in three weeks.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment