Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Memories

 We have an addendum to our visit to the Canadian Military Heritage Museum in Brantford.  As you will read below, Mardi has a picture in her possession that was given to her by someone she helped over 40 years ago (the man in the picture was the woman's husband - he came back from the war, her sister's husband did not).  Mardi has wondered what to do with it, and Sunday the answer came to her.  She emailed the folks at the museum:

Hi there.  

Below you will find the picture I spoke about when visiting your facility on Sunday afternoon.  I was very vague on detail Sunday and that is because I could not at that moment grasp just how very quickly time goes by.  Seems faster every day.

The background story on this picture is that in the mid to late 70's, I took 2 sisters (who were elderly members of my church) grocery shopping every week.  They loved my 2 boys and helped me keep them corralled while shopping.
Beulah Hume told me some stories about her past.  In her time in Toronto, she was the practice accompanist for the "Happy Gang" in their later years.  She had since become blind.
Because my uncle was a fighter pilot in WWII she gave me this picture of her late husband.  She also gifted me a bracelet which had been made out of his brass uniform buttons.  I will have to go through a few boxes to find them. 
My son is Warrant Officer Gregory Bullivant currently stationed in Comox.  
I would like to donate this picture to your wonderful museum if you have room for it.  Interestingly, David had his Guelph University Graduating picture put onto the back of the picture.   


They have a display at the museum with similar pictures on it.  This one should fit in perfectly.
------------------------------------------------
Played hooky from the greenhouse today.  I'll head that way tomorrow.
Stay safe.  Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment