Monday, September 7, 2026

Gardens and Grudges

 Spent a couple of hours at the greenhouse today before the humidity drove me home.  Moved a bit of sod, weeded five gardens, and watered the things that I have planted or moved.  Met my targets for the day. despite the weather conditions.

While I was doing that, Greg and his partner took Mardi to the Tiger-Cats/Argos Labour Day matchup where she met a new friend.


Why didn't I go you ask?  Well, let me tell you.  Back in 1972, Chuck Ealey won the Grey Cup for Hamilton.  A great quarterback, but Hamilton traded him in 1974.  So, I didn't renew my season's tickets and I haven't followed the CFL since.

And when Bobby Orr retired, I stopped watching the NHL.   

Do I hold a grudge?  I don't think so - I still watch the Blue Jays even though they traded Hall of Famer Roy Halladay.

And speaking of the Jays, they start their game at 10 p.m. EST tonight so I'll be watching that tomorrow on Blue Jays in 30.

-------------------------------------------

Elbows up.  Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment