Sunday, September 6, 2026

War and Peace

 I cut the grass yesterday and worked in the gardens today.  The Swallows have left for the year, but the Killdeer are still here...

...and they don't care how close I get these days.  The kids are grown and almost ready for the flight south.

----------------------------------------

David has had the plastic replaced on the greenhouse, a task that is required every few years.  


He has offered the old plastic to the public and today I saw two couples taking advantage of that offer.  Maybe they're going to build a backyard rink.  Lots of old plastic sheeting left if you're interested.

----------------------------------------

I totally agree with the folks who want the U.S. Ambassador to Canada, Peter Hoegstra, to be declared persona non grata (not welcome in Canada).  He's an arrogant Trump surrogate, part of the Republican plot to take over Canada.

But I also agree with the folks of Newfoundland and Labrador who have invited him to the 9/11 commemoration.  If he has the courage to attend it will be all over the U.S. T.V. networks.  And reminding the Americans of what the Newfoundland folk managed to do in those fraught days may change some minds about what is going on today in our relationship.  And if he doesn't have the courage to attend, that will tell them something as well.

----------------------------------------

Greg came to town to speak to the Limeridge Legion about his 36 years of service, inclluding his army time in Cambodia and his air force time in Afghanistan.  He's staying with us over the holiday weekend.  Nice to have him visit.

----------------------------------------

Blue Jays lost today leaving them one game short of the playoffs.  But they still have time to get there.  Fingers crossed!

Elbows up.  Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment