Saturday, August 29, 2026

Life and Memories

 I dropped the ladies off at the Peach Festival again today. Ada, Pat and Mardi were joined by Carol this time.  Their conversation revolved mostly about Lake Ontario (America).  CNN figures that most of the U.S. folks (all except the Republican political class who are afraid of Trump) agree with Canadians about the name change.


----------------------------------------

At the greenhouse I cut grass for about three hours.  Rain in the forecast for the next few days gave me little choice, but it was needed anyway.  

Then I drove to Wendy's for my Junior Bacon Cheeseburg and coffee which I took to the Forty Creek park.  It is a pretty place!


------------------------------------------

Did some sod moving until Mardi called for their pickup and got home in time for the Blue Jays game.

They had a marvelous ceremony honouring former catcher, manager and announcer Buck Martinez before the game.


He still has a good head of hair, which his fans certainly admire.


The ceremony brought back a wonderful memory.  We had booked a room in the Skydome Hotel for our mom for her birthday and her cousin joined her, so they could watch the game and enjoy each other's company for a day.

I was on the elevator with mom when the door opened and in walked Buck.  Mom gasped "Buck Martinez" and he smiled and acknowledged her greeting.  A special moment for her and for us.

And tonight the Jays won again.  Nice!

Elbows up.  Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment