We headed to the OCC Eye Clinic yesterday to see how the surgery had impacted my vision. The doctor declared success for Dr. Armagon's work. The retina has been successfully reattached.
My vision is improving a bit every day. Right now, if you are within five feet of me I can make out your features. Farther away and your face is just a blur.
We have been told that steady improvement will result in my being to see as well as before in six months. Should be an interesting, probably frustrating ride!
----------------------------------------------
Although I spend most of the day and night turning from side to side every hour, there have been a few better moments.
Grandson Malcolm and Esther visited on Saturday.
But it seemed to me that the eye drops that I have been taking three times a day must have shrunk me. He's a big boy!
The part of the conversation that I enjoyed the most was hearing about their goals. Malcolm is an Engineer, and Esther is working towards an advanced nursing career. Exciting times for them!
On Monday, brother Roger and sister Judy visited. Being old people, our conversation centred mostly on family and our ancestors, although the current political situation certainly was discussed.
Yesterday, our upstairs neighbour Jo-Anne dropped by. And tonight, Kathryn and Anna visited.
These moments help to make the hourly day and night, turn from left to right and back, bearable. But, I'm probably going to need a rehab period to get back in shape when these early weeks are over.
Stay well.


No comments:
Post a Comment