Monday, May 19, 2025

Not Totally Usekess

 Congratulations to Sue and David, who today celebrate 35 years of marriage.  But they are celebrating separately - Sue is in Campbell River, B.C. helping Sarah-Jean get settled in her new community and nursing job.  And David seems to be pretty busy at the greenhouse.  Quite a milestone nonetheless.

------------------------------------

Not much has happened over the past few days.  On Thursday, Jo-Anne Kempe visited and the three of us played cards.  And the ladies let me win a game!

Then, on Friday  Maureen and Matt stopped by and we got out the cards once again.  Boys 2, Girls 1.

My vision has been slightly improving each day.  Now, I can see the big numbers on the cards, up to about three feet away.  The one and the eight are foggy but OK, the twelve is still pretty questionable.


Not clear by any means, but it does help.  The trajectory is going in the right direction.

------------------------------------

As you might expect, I've been feeling pretty useless for the past three weeks.  But today we made an excursion to the greenhouse.  Being a nice Victoria Day weekend, the place was gangbusters.  Cars were parked all the way to the street - the driveway was completely filled at times......


.......... and I spent the next four and a half hours directing traffic and having nice repartee with the customers.  Currently nursing a sore back, but it felt good to be able to contribute once again.  Hopefully, after my doctor visit on Wednesday I'll be able to take on even more.

----------------------------------

David's sign down front says "Grow Leafs Grow".  Unfortunately, it now just applies to the plants and not the hockey team.  Are we surprised?

And the Blue Jays, while displaying more offense recently, are still not able to get above .500 ball.  But I'm still hopeful.

----------------------------------

I probably publish again until after the doctor visit on Wedesday.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment