With the heat and intense humidity, I only lasted an hour today.
But that was long enough to plant my Oak tree. Four broken bags of soil and one broken bag of mulch and we're done.
The Smoke Bush behind it, which is just starting to bloom, will enjoy its company.
When I rescued that little devil from under a Pine tree this spring it only had three leaves. If it can maintain its current rate of growth, David's kids won't have to wait 50 years to see it mature!
--------------------------------------------
Mardi and I are into culture this weekend. Last night we headed to Dundas to enjoy a classical music concert.
This young lady.........
...will be heading to Europe for an operatic audition tour. The proceeds from the night will go toward the expenses of her trip. Awesome voice, but opera singing isn't one of my favourites.
Her husband plays the classical guitar.
We also enjoyed the harp...
......and this cutie on violin.
And a bit of Broadway musicals finished off the evening (apparently, she was singing some unhappy words when I took this picture!).
---------------------------------------
Tonight, we're heading to Port Colborne and the Lighthouse Theatre production of Mary's Wedding. Some lighter comedy to balance off last night's experience.
Stay well.






No comments:
Post a Comment