Monday, September 25, 2023

Heroines

 This building has some good people in it, and two of the best are in Mardi's swim group.

Elizabeth collects pop can tabs.  She turns them in to the March of Dimes for wheel chair credits and the result is that she is working on her third wheel chair, which the charity gives to needy individuals.

Pat is another one.  She has decided to collect empty alcohol containers for return (Mardi and I are faithful contributors)  and, so far, has been able to donate over $500 to the food bank.


Mardi is working on heroine status too.  She's started dumpster diving to help her friends with their projects 😁.
Very well done ladies!

-----------------------------------------------

Started driving this week.  Free at last!  By the end of this week I'll be able to get back to work at the greenhouse.  For now, I'm just watering the front garden to take a bit of pressure off Sean who is in charge while his parents are gallivanting across Europe.

When I visited the optometrist the other day to donate my glasses I booked an eye appointment.  Their policy is to wait for five weeks after cataract surgery to make sure that everything has settled down.  They will then provide a prescription for reading glasses - five weeks too late.  

I can deal with the computer since I have a touch screen and can easily enlarge the print.  And the Sudoku book has big print so that's OK too.  But any other close work and I'm lost.  So, I picked up a pair of Foster Grant multifocal reading glasses from WalMart for $38.  Seem to work well.  And the $1.25 pair from Dollarama will do just fine as backups.

We'll see what the optometrist says in due time.

----------------------------------------

Last night's Blue Jays game was one of the best ever.  George Springer had an inside the park home run, got an outfield assist by a great throw to second base for an out, and made an impossible flying catch for another out.

Frustrating at times, but the team is worth watching.  And so far, they're still in wildcard position for the playoffs.

Stay well folks and enjoy the fall weather.



No comments:

Post a Comment