Saturday, August 26, 2023

Operator's Manual

Spent the morning in pre-op for my cataract operations.  Right eye Monday, left eye September 18.  Looks like golf and gardening are going to be in limbo for a few weeks.

------------------------------------------------------- 

The main topic today may not connect with some of you, but it has a purpose.

Sooner or later, preferably later, David will have to replace me.  So I decided to document a bit of what I do in the gardens for my eventual successor.

My problem is that the grass grows under the trees, and the trees grow over the grass.  

I can't get the mower far enough under in some cases...........

........ and get smacked in the face by the pine branches in the process.  And the pine tar on my clothes I don't find too popular either 😎.

So, first you outline the new perimeter.


Then, dig out and relocate the sod.


Time to clean up what is left.  So, dig down and expose the roots of the field grasses.


Remove the grass and weeds.  And finally, add the red mulch.

Time to move on the next garden.

----------------------------------------------------

In case I don't publish tomorrow, Happy Birthday Al!  Must be a hell of a birthday party for you to give up golf!  All the best my friend.

And Grant MacLean is celebrating tomorrow as well.  Best wishes.

-----------------------------------------------------

Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment