We golfed at the Reserve course here at Orange Lake. Below, a picture of the 5th hole.
Strategy: aim for the sand trap, pitch out and settle for a bogey. This is one of the three holes I won today (don't ask!).
Our heroine - does that look like gloating?
There is a lot of construction going on at the resort. These units are being gutted and renovated. Units get a soft upgrade every six years and more major upgrades after twelve and eighteen years, so quality is always maintained.
Hole #16 starts with a chute to what looks like a benign fairway, but "you ain't seen nothin' yet".
Approaching from the right, as I did.....
...my sixth lost ball of the day.
Or, from the left, as the straight shooter did.
We skipped the last hole - both of us were wiped by then....Mardi due to her cold, me due to all the strokes I took. Thank goodness we don't play for real money!
It was announced today that Canada has been voted the country with the "Best Quality of Life", so we decided to celebrate.
Nothing special planned for tomorrow, but we'll venture out somewhere if Mardi continues on her path to feeling better.
P.S. I won both games of 500 Rummy tonight. Apparently, she's not invincible!

No comments:
Post a Comment