Mardi and I attended the sales presentation to get the reduced golf rates here at Orange Lake. It's a bit of a scam - the reduced rates are close to what the courses are really worth. The published rates are seriously inflated. But we played their game. We had the same sales rep as two years ago (Louie, originally from Oshawa) and he quickly recognized that we weren't going to buy. Sent in the "heavy" but he gave up fairly quickly too. So, our work was done for the day.
While Greg and Chloe went swimming, and Mardi went shopping, I wandered around with the camera.
I mentioned yesterday that we were just around the corner from the villa where the Fishguts guys stayed.
Helped a fellow find his golf ball in the bushes near our unit and he told me that there are two alligators in our small pond. So far, I have only seen one at a time.
He was really motoring when I took this shot.
Then, laid in wait for a while.
And then he was gone again.
An Anhinga (think large Cormorant) was taking turns fishing and drying off. You can see why they call it the "snake bird".
Pretty good camo here!
And, all the while we were having a good time, poor Diane and Greg were slaving away at the condo for us. The red has all disappeared except for the laundry room which is a next spring project.
And my new wall has been primed.
While working in the coat closet, Greg discovered that the bar was held up by staples.
I think I should be feeling guilty about enjoying myself down here while they do this stuff for us. I'll have to work on that!


No comments:
Post a Comment